The Department of Oncology aims to provide cancer patients with state of the art oncology treatment. A multidisciplinary Tumor Board comprising of Radiologists, Pathologists, Surgeons and Oncologists under the supervision of our Medical Director, decides on an optimal evidence-based treatment for patients.
We develop a personalized treatment strategy with strict adherence to ESMO and NCCN guidelines. We also provide various cancer directed services which include Screening, Diagnostic evaluation, Treatment, Follow up and Rehabilitation. Treatment for both solid tumors and hematological malignancies is also provided.
The Medical Oncology Department at Mar Sleeva Medicity Palai is equipped with a 10 bedded dedicated patient friendly day care unit with clinical facilities as in an ICU set up. A radiation oncology unit is also on the anvil in the near future.
• 10 bedded dedicated patient friendly day care unit.
• Bio-Safety cabinet
• Trained Pharmacists
• Targeted therapy
• Chemoport insertion and care
• Pleural tapping
• Lumbar puncture and intrathecal chemotherapy
• Onco related Palliative care services
• Staff Nurses with special training in Oncology
• Counseling facilities
• Digital Mammography
• Interventional Radiology for guided biopsies
• PICC line insertion and care
• Bone marrow Studies
• Cancer screening checkup
• Genetic counseling and testing for cancer