Interventional Radiology at Mar Sleeva Medicity Palai is a specialized field within radiology. In Interventional radiology, doctors not only interpret patient’s medical images, but they also perform minimally invasive surgical procedures through small incisions in the body. Interventional radiology refers to a range of techniques which rely on the use of radiological image guidance like X Ray, Cath Lab (Fluoroscopy), Ultra Sound, CT scan (Computed Tomography) and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) to precisely target therapy.
Most interventional radiology treatments are minimally invasive alternatives to open and laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgery. The interventional radiologist can see the inside of the body and treat complex conditions ranging from brain aneurysms to cancers, through very small incisions (2-3mm in 90% cases), with unmatched precision and speed. Our interventional radiologist is trained in radiology and interventional therapy from India and abroad.
Benefits of interventional radiology procedures
• Avoids major surgeries in certain conditions/ diseases
• Mostly performed under local anesthesia/sedation
• Tiny incision, minimal scarring
• Significantly lesser post-surgery pain
• Minimal blood loss
• Fewer post-surgical complications
• Faster recovery
• Shorter hospital stay/ same-day discharge for many procedures
• Reduce the risk
• Cost effective
• Greater comfort
Emergency procedures done at Mar Sleeva Medicity, Palai
• Neuro aneurysm rupture bleed.
• Massive hemoptysis
• Post Trauma abdominal bleed due to solid or hollow viscus organ injury
• Post-partum hemorrhage
• Post-operative bleed
• Post biopsy bleed
Elective procedures at Mar Sleeva Medicity, Palai
• Varicose veins of the lower limbs – laser ablation
• Testicular varicocoele embolisation for management of pain/infertility
• Plug liver biopsies in patients who are coagulopathic
• Incidentally detected brain aneurysm
• Pre op embolisation of tumors of the body
• Microwave ablation of lung cancer
• Microwave ablation of liver cancer
• Microwave ablation of renal cancer
• Microwave ablation of benign thyroid nodule
• TIPSS (Trans jugular intrahepatic porto systemic shunt) for management of recurrent hematemesis/ascites in cirrhotic patient
• Neuro AVM embolisation
• Ablation of Vertebral body hemangioma
• Fistuloplasty for maintaining the patency of AV fistula
• Prostatic artery embolization for benign hypertrophy of prostate
We provide the most affordable treatment in the health sector.
Full-fledged Modern medicine, Ayurveda and Homoeopathy under one roof
Critical medical care for people who have life-threatening injuries and illnesses.